Am Home Delivery - Do NOT use AM Trucking and Home Delivery in Brooklyn, NY
I Do NOT recommend AM Trucking and Delivery Service, 714 Montauk Ave., rooklyn, NY 11208, (718) 272-5900:
- Missed estimated delivery by 4 days
- Don’t know where their drivers are
- Drivers don’t call if they’ll miss a 3-hour window
- Delivery team doesn’t know how to use a tape measure
- Leave all packaging and trash in your kitchen and yard
Here are the details:
I ordered a refrigerator and the next day AM Delivery and Trucking picked it up. AM’s estimated delivery, "white glove" installation service and removal of old refrigerator was Monday. As part of the removal, it was my job to disconnect the old refrigerator and set it by my door. I did. No call - no delivery. I called the company that I purchased from and they discovered that AM Home Delivery and Trucking was closed Mon-Tue for holiday. That was fine BUT the estimated delivery day came from AM ... didn't they know they were on vacation?
Finally after e-mailing direct (and then contact from the company I purchased from), they called on Thursday for a Friday delivery – 4 days after expected delivery. AM promised delivery between 10am-1 pm with a 1 hour warning call. No call by 1 pm so I called AM. The service person said she'd have to call the driver to determine where they were (apparently delivery staff is not trained to call if late, or not told of promised delivery times). While on hold, the call was dropped and I received no call back from the AM person even though she knew who I was and my phone number.
45 minutes later the driver called, my wife asked when he would arrive and he said he didn't know and seemed reluctant to admit that he was the driver. When pressed, he finally promised he'd arrive in 15 minutes. He didn't. 45 minutes later he arrived and stated that he couldn't get the refrigerator through the front or back door. My wife said it would fit neatly through the door and he again protested that it would not. My wife got a tape measure, measured the door width for him and then measured the refrigerator to prove that it would easily fit through the door.
The driver and partner brought the refrigerator inside, and then told my wife that they would charge $25 for the water line even though we had a water line to connect to the refrigerator. My wife called the supervisor and he said that he would let us have for free. Interesting thing is, the guys then attached our water line and left the new water line on our kitchen counter. That’s not all they left with this “white glove service” – they left the Styrofoam and plastic and tape from inside the refrigerator on my counter AND all the protective plastic on the refrigerator doors. To further add further insult to injury, when I walked to the end of my deck and looked beyond a large sitting table at ground level, I saw all the outside packaging of the refrigerator in my grass. Cardboard, wrap, styrofoam – all the packaging was left in my yard.
I do NOT recommend this company.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of communication
- Missed commitments
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Am Home Delivery White Glove Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "If you are hoping to shell out several thousand dollars to have someone ransack all your belongings, steal what they think is valuable, and damage the rest, then Sammy Services..."
- "I had yet another bad experience with U-Haul. This is my second move with them in six years and both were horrible experiences. Regarding my contract number 22894473, I picked up..."
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "Borealis Face Cream was next to useless. If you fall in with a team of folks, you may pick up their Skin Care habits. Send me an email if you're..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "Too much to say but the short of it is they talk of core principles yet don't seem to do anything to improve upon them or customer satisfaction. I'm amazed..."
- "I have had one for a few years, but haven't used it much. The liner pan thing at the bottom rusted the very first time I washed it. They did..."
- "This scam called Tiny Details LLC, located on 129 Main St Groton, NY 13073, is a self called work from home company. They work with miniature calendars and other handcrafted dollhouse..."