I Do NOT recommend AM Trucking and Delivery Service, 714 Montauk Ave., rooklyn, NY 11208, (718) 272-5900:
- Missed estimated delivery by 4 days
- Don’t know where their drivers are
- Drivers don’t call if they’ll miss a 3-hour window
- Delivery team doesn’t know how to use a tape measure
- Leave all packaging and trash in your kitchen and yard
Here are the details:
I ordered a refrigerator and the next day AM Delivery and Trucking picked it up. AM’s estimated delivery, "white glove" installation service and removal of old refrigerator was Monday. As part of the removal, it was my job to disconnect the old refrigerator and set it by my door. I did. No call - no delivery. I called the company that I purchased from and they discovered that AM Home Delivery and Trucking was closed Mon-Tue for holiday. That was fine BUT the estimated delivery day came from AM ... didn't they know they were on vacation?
Finally after e-mailing direct (and then contact from the company I purchased from), they called on Thursday for a Friday delivery – 4 days after expected delivery. AM promised delivery between 10am-1 pm with a 1 hour warning call. No call by 1 pm so I called AM. The service person said she'd have to call the driver to determine where they were (apparently delivery staff is not trained to call if late, or not told of promised delivery times). While on hold, the call was dropped and I received no call back from the AM person even though she knew who I was and my phone number.
45 minutes later the driver called, my wife asked when he would arrive and he said he didn't know and seemed reluctant to admit that he was the driver. When pressed, he finally promised he'd arrive in 15 minutes. He didn't. 45 minutes later he arrived and stated that he couldn't get the refrigerator through the front or back door. My wife said it would fit neatly through the door and he again protested that it would not. My wife got a tape measure, measured the door width for him and then measured the refrigerator to prove that it would easily fit through the door.
The driver and partner brought the refrigerator inside, and then told my wife that they would charge $25 for the water line even though we had a water line to connect to the refrigerator. My wife called the supervisor and he said that he would let us have for free. Interesting thing is, the guys then attached our water line and left the new water line on our kitchen counter. That’s not all they left with this “white glove service” – they left the Styrofoam and plastic and tape from inside the refrigerator on my counter AND all the protective plastic on the refrigerator doors. To further add further insult to injury, when I walked to the end of my deck and looked beyond a large sitting table at ground level, I saw all the outside packaging of the refrigerator in my grass. Cardboard, wrap, styrofoam – all the packaging was left in my yard.
I do NOT recommend this company.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of communication
- Missed commitments
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Am Home Delivery White Glove Service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "DR Horton consistently leaving nails on the street and refuse to refund the cost of a tire. I have tire pressure monitoring and it's obvious when a tire gets punctured..."
- "My experience with California Moving Systems, 3801 Happy Lane, Sacramento, CA 95827 has been a nightmare. This companies actions, practices, and personnel could best be described as negligent, reckless, with..."
- "BEWARE!!!! these people have been a nightmare! I had a simple move from an apartment to a storage while I go out of state for training. These Morons..."
- "Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart..."
- "We remodeled our kitchen and purchased several KitchenAid appliances. Two of them had problems the very first time they were used and have gotten a total run-around by customer service. The..."
- "I ordered a memory foam mattress from a reputable company in NC. It was shipped FedEx Ground (their choice, not mine) and arrived the next day. My wife was..."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."