1.3K views

I Do NOT recommend AM Trucking and Delivery Service, 714 Montauk Ave., rooklyn, NY 11208, (718) 272-5900:

- Missed estimated delivery by 4 days

- Don’t know where their drivers are

- Drivers don’t call if they’ll miss a 3-hour window

- Delivery team doesn’t know how to use a tape measure

- Leave all packaging and trash in your kitchen and yard

Here are the details:

I ordered a refrigerator and the next day AM Delivery and Trucking picked it up. AM’s estimated delivery, "white glove" installation service and removal of old refrigerator was Monday. As part of the removal, it was my job to disconnect the old refrigerator and set it by my door. I did. No call - no delivery. I called the company that I purchased from and they discovered that AM Home Delivery and Trucking was closed Mon-Tue for holiday. That was fine BUT the estimated delivery day came from AM ... didn't they know they were on vacation?

Finally after e-mailing direct (and then contact from the company I purchased from), they called on Thursday for a Friday delivery – 4 days after expected delivery. AM promised delivery between 10am-1 pm with a 1 hour warning call. No call by 1 pm so I called AM. The service person said she'd have to call the driver to determine where they were (apparently delivery staff is not trained to call if late, or not told of promised delivery times). While on hold, the call was dropped and I received no call back from the AM person even though she knew who I was and my phone number.

45 minutes later the driver called, my wife asked when he would arrive and he said he didn't know and seemed reluctant to admit that he was the driver. When pressed, he finally promised he'd arrive in 15 minutes. He didn't. 45 minutes later he arrived and stated that he couldn't get the refrigerator through the front or back door. My wife said it would fit neatly through the door and he again protested that it would not. My wife got a tape measure, measured the door width for him and then measured the refrigerator to prove that it would easily fit through the door.

The driver and partner brought the refrigerator inside, and then told my wife that they would charge $25 for the water line even though we had a water line to connect to the refrigerator. My wife called the supervisor and he said that he would let us have for free. Interesting thing is, the guys then attached our water line and left the new water line on our kitchen counter. That’s not all they left with this “white glove service” – they left the Styrofoam and plastic and tape from inside the refrigerator on my counter AND all the protective plastic on the refrigerator doors. To further add further insult to injury, when I walked to the end of my deck and looked beyond a large sitting table at ground level, I saw all the outside packaging of the refrigerator in my grass. Cardboard, wrap, styrofoam – all the packaging was left in my yard.

I do NOT recommend this company.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $129. This person is overall dissatisfied with Am Home Delivery and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about am home delivery delivery service at Am Home Delivery was lack of communication and missed commitments Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Am Home Delivery.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Transportation and Storage category for more informed decision or compare Am Home Delivery to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Am Home Delivery?

Comments

This was one of the best delivery experiences. I ordered, they tracked, communicated delivery 2 days prior, called 30 minutes before arrival, and executed with care and respect.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #1230551

They did the same to me about the couch in purchased from them

I did not read your whole article, but what I read, I agree with.We had horrible experiences with them on 2 different deliveries!

If you can avoid using this company, please do.I will be writing my own review soon.

Soo pissed....rescheduled delivery with out my knowledge .No call no show.

Said they were there to deliver my sofa at 4:45 am on a saturday two weeks later....I doubt they were. Called company I ordered from. now got a release to pick up my sofa my self n got the run around as to the address for the davenport Iowa wearhouse......

where my sofa has been for almost a month.I DO NOT recommend.

to Anonymous Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States #1211661

Where was the Davenport IA wearhouse? i amhaving the samerun around. Way to slow.